Selecting the right space is a daunting prospect – especially in the complex and competitive metro DC real estate market. With the hands-on guidance of Montview TSC’s founders, our tenant representation and construction management specialists treat your business as if it were their own. Together, we create and execute a space strategy that supports your business goals in ways you may have never imagined. From maximizing financial stability and improving operational efficiency to enhancing your brand image, we ensure that your space advances your business.
- Strategic Planning – We are absolutely diligent in learning your business goals to help you prioritize your unique space objectives. We will incorporate these goals – from staff retention and expansion plans to budget considerations, building quality, and brand image – into a strategy that will guide you to the best space solution for your situation.
- Architect Selection – We will work with you to develop an RFP for the selection of an architect, and help you interview candidates to identify the one that best suits your personality and vision. Our three staff architects are particularly helpful at this phase, offering insights specific to their profession.
- Market Study — Working with your key personnel, we will quantify your space requirements. Based on these findings, we will conduct a comprehensive market survey to identify the buildings that fit your criteria and budget. As a result of this rigorous process, you can be assured of making the best use of your time by visiting only the buildings most suited to your needs.
- Building Tours — We will arrange an efficient series of viewings to assess the merits and limitations of each prospective site. With each tour, we help you undertake a systematic review of factors critical to making the best decisions.
- RFP Development — We will guide you through building selection by helping prioritize each building’s unique characteristics. We will then solicit offers from the landlords, utilizing an efficient RFP that covers all key aspects, including cost, amenities, tenant allowances, and incentive offers.
- Financial Analysis — Upon analyzing landlords’ responses to our RFP, we will develop a custom comparative financial analysis of each proposal, and guide you through our findings to ensure that you understand all aspects of each offer.
- Space Planning — We will oversee the development of space plans that maximize the value of each site’s attributes to achieve your organization’s goals.
- Letter of Intent Negotiation — We will conduct several rounds of negotiation to create a competitive environment that gives you as much leverage as possible.
- Lease Negotiation —We will remain involved throughout lease negotiations, including the review of all construction-related language in the lease, to be certain you get the full benefit of the hard-earned terms you agreed to in the letter of intent.